South Carolinas Fastest-Growing Companies 2010 Released
GREENVILLE, S.C., Nov. 11, 2010 – The Capital Corporation one of the most successful Investment Banking firms in the country announced the winners of the South Carolina’s Fastest-Growing Companies 2010 program today at the South Carolina’s Chamber of Commerce Annual Summit event. The ninth annual event was held at the Wild Dunes Resort at the Isle of Palms.
This year’s winners are a diverse sampling of exceptional businesses covering a broad spectrum in terms of size and industry sector. These businesses span the breadth of South Carolina, from the Upstate to the Midlands to the Coast, once again proving that success is not driven by physical location but by strategy and customer focus. Over a dozen cities from across the Palmetto state are represented this year with the greatest number of top performers representing Charleston/Mount Pleasant (8) followed by Greenville (6) and Columbia (3). This year we also welcome Goose Creek and Bluffton home of two of our honorees
1. Wild Creations – got its start in 2007 with EcoAquariums, self-contained ecosystems for African Dwarf Frogs. These compact and easy-to-maintain habitats were a hit with stores, and Wild Creations soon had distribution in 1500 stores in 48 states. In 2008, Wild Creations began selling the EcoAquariums and accessories through its own website, www.wildcreations.com. After selling more than 500,000 of the TIA Toy of the Year nominated-EcoAquarium in 2009, Wild Creations expanded its product selection to include several licensed European lines for 2010. More than 40 new products became available in toy and gift shops, and on the company’s website in summer 2010. The Myrtle Beach-based company is grounded in an understanding of the interconnection of the earth and the cosmos with a profound reverence for animals, plants, soil, water and air. This reverence toward life is the basis for how the company conducts business and the basis for choosing the organizations they support including The Sierra Club and The Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council. Wild Creations also partnered with the South Carolina’s Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs Board to employ a team of six severely disabled community members to assemble the EcoAquariums™. Wild Creations is also a proud member of ASTRA and NSSEA.
2. Pegasus Steel – Pegasus Steel is a professional heavy steel fabrication service center specializing in the cutting and forming of steel from both sheet and heavy plate in all grades of material, including stainless steel and aluminum.
Since its inception in 1994, Pegasus Steel has grown to be the supplier of choice to over 380 engineering facilities throughout Southern Africa, as well as exporting to the Middle East and Singapore. They currently process steel for over 80% of the heavy engineering industry in South Africa.
From humble beginnings with limited resources, Pegasus Steel is now the benchmark for quality and service within the South African steel industry. Pegasus Steel operates its headquarters out of a recently completed 104,000 sq. ft. state of the art facility in Goose Creek, South Carolina.
3. Barling Bay – Established in 2002, Barling Bay offers leading edge solutions to Federal Government customers, with a focus on Systems Engineering, Information Assurance / Security, Research and Development as well as Management and Administration. They provide the appropriate people, processes, and quality programs to enable successful integration of programmatic, technical, and operational environments.
4. J H Global – JH Global Services imports and distributes STAR brand electric golf carts, golfing accessories, and industrial products to dealers nationwide. It also offers outsourcing services to U.S. companies that want to have parts or products made in China, especially engineered metal products.
5. Levelwing Media – Levelwing Media, founded in 2002, is a full service digital advertising agency headquartered in Charleston with offices in New York. The agency’s success is built on an approach to marketing and communication rooted in the measurable implications digital channels provide. They specialize in using real-time, best of breed technologies to generate actionable intelligence, moving away from “faith-based” advertising to measurable results.
6. Dennis Corporation – Dennis Corporation is a Columbia based engineering, surveying and construction management firm specializing in a wide range of projects. Dennis Corporation’s specific fields of expertise include aviation engineering, civil infrastructure, construction management, construction services, environmental services, expert witness, geotechnical engineering, intelligent transportation systems, program management, special projects, surveying, traffic engineering, transportation engineering and water resources.
7. CareCore National – CareCore National, founded in 1994, a specialty benefit management company, manages quality and utilization of outpatient diagnostic and cardiac imaging, cardiac implantable devices, oncology drugs and therapeutic agents, radiation therapy, sleep, pain and lab services. With a comprehensive and diverse portfolio of offerings, we provide seamless solutions to health plans that seek to manage these specialty health care segments more effectively. CareCore National currently manages more than 30 million lives. Our clients include some of America’s most well-known, trusted health plans.
8. Lindbergh & Associates – Lindbergh & Associates (L&A) is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm that offers architectural, structural, and site/civil engineering, land planning/landscape architecture, surveying, and construction priligy management priligy dapoxetine priligy mexico services priligy studies Priligy priligy priligy studies Priligy order priligy. . . . Priligy
9 order priligy Priligy. Thomas Glover Associates – Founded in 1980, TGA develops custom IT solutions for entities as small as a local retailer to as large as the United States Government. They are an authorized dealer for Cisco, Citrix, VMware, and many other industry leaders. They design, execute, and maintain the full spectrum of data networks with their team of certified engineers and technicians. TGA also offers custom software, web site, and consulting services.
10. Nason Medical Center – Nason Medical Center is a fully-equipped emergency and
urgent care facility. The technology used in their facility is equal to or greater than that found in any emergency room in the country. Their emergency room physicians are specialists trained to handle all types of emergencies from very minor to very complex.
11. Rhythmlink International – Founded in 2002, Rhythmlink has grown into a multi-million dollar neuro-diagnostic accessory manufacturer leading the industry today. Rhythmlink designs, manufactures and distributes neuro-diagnostic accessories, such as electrodes that monitor brain activity. Rhythmlink has their own manufacturing plant in China that allows them to offer their products at lower prices and it offers free overnight shipping.
12. International Public Works – Established in 2002, International Public Works is an Engineering and Construction firm that is owned and operated by registered professional engineers. Projects range from commercial to residential in the public and private sectors throughout South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. International Public Works, LLC has earned the reputation of being a highly qualified contractor in the Southeast. IPW has significant experience in new construction, renovations, civil engineering, operations and maintenance, electrical, and mechanical services.
13. SYS Constructors – SYS has been serving the southeastern United States since 1987 with quality construction and project management. Services include industrial, commercial, and institutional construction. Additionally, all services can include all or a part of project management, design services, code review / analysis, scheduling, estimating and site selection.
14. J Banks Design – for over 24 years of business J Banks Design, a full service professionally degreed interior design firm, had been dedicated to taking their work a step beyond the competition. Their philosophy of making the complicated simple and making the design process fun, creative and exciting has resulted in cultivating lifelong relationships. This has led to substantial growth and currently employ a total of 32 associates.
15. Human Technologies – Human Technologies is a fully integrated employment solutions company focusing on recruiting, hiring, and a host of critical HR Services. They go beyond traditional staffing companies to deliver customized programs with built-in metrics.
16. Heritage Healthcare – Founded in 1999, Heritage Healthcare is a unique independently owned company providing comprehensive rehabilitation services to long term care, assistant living and continuing care retirement communities throughout the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest regions of the US.
17. Weir Capital – A financial investment firm in Greenville, SC, focused on helping
high net-worth individuals reach their long-term investment goals.
18. Vapor Apparel – Manufacturer of high-quality performance apparel and bulk fabrics specifically engineered for digital decorating, screen printing, and embroidery. In addition to the development and manufacturing of the Vapor product line, Vapor Apparel works with their customers to build custom garments and full private label programs specializing in short-run production.
19. Sabal Homes – Established in 2005, Sabal Homes has emerged as a leader in the South Carolina homebuilding industry. Sabal Homes combines local knowledge and expertise with an unparalleled concern for their customers. Their extensive backgrounds in land acquisition, product development, construction and customer service has made them one of the most trusted homebuilders in the state.
20. Electric Guard Dog – Since it’s inception in 1973, Electric Guard Dog has evolved into a multi-faceted security business, best known for their patented Electric Guard Dog perimeter security, developed by company founder Bill Mullis. Today EGD has captured a dominant share of the national perimeter security market.
21. Network Controls & Electric – Network Controls & Electric provides high-quality single-source design, installation and maintenance of communication networks and electrical infrastructure. The company services leading organizations including educational facilities, healthcare organizations and manufacturers. With offices in Greenville and Columbia SC, Network Controls & Electric operates throughout North and South Carolina.
22. Egroup, Inc. – eGroup delivers technology solutions. Their solutions combine robust high-availability and performance with secure information access.
23. Orian Rugs – Orian Rugs has been producing beautiful, affordable rugs from its Anderson, SC facility since 1979. The state of the art manufacturing plant currently has more than 500,000 square feet dedicated to products and services including yarn extrusion, weaving, finishing, packaging, warehousing and distribution.
24. Cynergi Systems – Cynergi Systems consults, designs, manufactures and implements technology solutions for K-12, higher education, small business, and enterprise facilities. Cynergi is also a nationally available manufacturer of the award winning CQ console and video streaming solution.
25. Coastal States Bank – Since 2004, Coastal States Bank has been providing Lowcountry residents with all their banking needs. At Coastal States Bank, the emphasis is on local. They are a local bank, funded by local shareholders and run by local executives who understand the unique personal and business banking needs of owcountry residents. They offer a full spectrum of cutting edge financial products and services, coupled with highly individualized personal attention.